I already have at least half inch/possibly one inch of new growth!! WTH!! I am like geessshhh! I will be heading to Hawaii mid-December *WOOT* and the way my new growth is going, I may need/want to touch-up early December which was not planned until Jan!! Soooo it's up in the air. I am also testing out a new product from Danielle at OddStrandOut. She calls it "Coffee Oil." I'm thinking that it would be great as an oil treatment on my scalp the night before wash day. Here's how my wash day went:
- Detangled with my Magic Rake comb.
- Prepoo with Coffee Oil Mix/EVCO on my scalp and On dry hair, As I Am: Hydration Elation Intensive Conditioner on length of my hair, making sure I paid special attention to my ends and roots. Then I sealed it all in with grapeseed oil. I sat under the hooded dryer for about 30 minutes and sat around for about an hour! I am terrible with heat...
- Tea Rinse with CC's Naturals Happy Hair Tea. and I love it! I think I am about ready to write a full review and share! :)
- Smoothing Treatment with Roux Moisture Recovery conditioner over the tea in my hair and a cap. I then faux steamed my hair for about 10 minute in shower.
- Leave-ins: After my hair was about 85% air dry I applied Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer and Organix Coconut Anti-Breakage Serum.
- Low Blow Dry & Flat Iron: I lightly blow dried my hair to fully straighten...then on low heat, I flat ironed my hair and pinned curled it for the night!
I love the results....and although, I was not on #teamnoheat wagon this week, I feel that I did my hair justice by air drying majority and using low/medium heat for everything!! :) That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Lol. My hair was felt super strong but soft. It felt so different compared to my other deep conditioners. I definitely would want to try more of this particular DC in the future. I bought it primarirly because of the smell (haha!) but I must say I like it so far. I also noticed my scalp looked so healthy compared to other times that I've used it. I am not sure if it is the Coffee Oil Mix but I did notice a difference.
Fingers crossed that I can get the pictures of this wash day posted. My computer is being wack and not allowing me to upload but I did tweet them! So follow SavingOurStrands on Twitter!