PINspired Hair Romance Dutch Side Mermaid Braid
- Begin with detangled and moisturized hair. I did this style on an old bantu knot set. (Optional: Leave a small section out to fame your face.)
- Start your dutch braid at the crown of your head. Continue braiding on the right side only until you get to your ear. Finish the braid and secure with a small hair tie if necessary.
- Fluff your braid. To get this big dramatic braid, you need to gently pull at the sides of your braid to widen it.
- Pull the rest of your hair over to your ear and dutch braid to the ends. Secure both braids together with a small clear hair tie.
- Secure the braids together using bobby pins so they look like one large braid.
- My hair isn't thick enough. No worries. Make your braids tight. Then pick them apart a little at a time to create the illusion of a fuller braid.
- My hair has too much texture. Start the style with stretched hair. I usually go for bantu knots but a old braid/twist out would work just as well.
- My hair hates hair ties. Yes---I know hair ties---plastic elastics---they're all inventions of the devil. Here's some good news. Because my hair was already curled at the ends, I simply twisted them together and used a hair pin to secure. No hair tie required!
What have you been PINspired by lately? Add a link to your fave below. (Even non-hair related links are perfectly fine!)