Mini washing is simply a glorified co-wash. I usually rinse my hair with oil or just water, skip the shampooing, and go straight into my deep conditioning routine. No jumping in and out of the shower 20 million times to get my hair adequately clean and re-hydrated. Although I haven't shared a wash day in forever (a month to be exact) trust me, I am still washing my hair! Ha-ha! Here's what I used to wash my hair this week:
- Detangled- with my fingers and a ton of extra virgin coconut oil.
- Extreme deep condition- Next, I hopped into the shower for 5 minutes to rinse the oil completely. Then I applied Organix Hydrating Macadamia Oil Intensive Mask. Next, I massaged extra virgin coconut oil throughout, covered with a plastic cap and sat under my heat cap for 2 hours and left it in overnight.
- Camomile Aloe Tea Rinse- After rinsing the conditioner, I applied 1 part steeped camomile tea and 1 part aloe vera gel, using a narrow tip applicator to my strands--focusing on the roots. I let it sit for a few minutes then rinsed.
- Smoothing Treatment- I rinsed the conditioner then let a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution marinate on my hair for about 5 minutes.
- Air Dried- to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
- Leave ins- Applying the LOC(B) method, to seal in the moisture (L) into my strands, I used extra virgin coconut oil (O), then Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner (C), and my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter (B)as my leave ins I "faux" banded my hair to stretch roots.
Some super smooth and soft hair! Having a recent trim worked wonders for decreasing knots plus my detangling was a breeze. I don't know how many more easy wash days I'll get at 34 weeks post, but I'll take it! Since I'm in and out of the gym all week and I'm being super lazy, I went with a simple fluffy bun.
The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES
- Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
- Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
- Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone!