I've been stuck in a bit of a bun rut lately. So with today's wash, I wanted to amp up my hair's moisture levels so that I could rock some curls. Bantu knot curls of course! It's official. I'm obsessed! Here's how my wash day went:
- Detangled- with my fingers and
- Pre-Poo- using extra virgin coconut oil to detangle.
- Shampoo- with Jessicurl Cleansing Cream.
- Extreme deep condition- I deep conditioned with Jessicurl Deep Treatment on the length of my hair. Then I massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and sat under my hooded dryer for an hour and left it in overnight.
- Cranberry Pomegranate Green Aloe Hair Rinse- After rinsing the conditioner, I applied 1 part steeped cranberry Pomegranate green tea + 1 part aloe vera gel + 1 tbsp Glycerin, using a narrow tip applicator to my strands--focusing on the roots. I let it sit for a few minutes then rinsed.
- Smoothing Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution.
- Air Dried- to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
- Leave ins- I used the LOC method, starting with a little extra virgin coconut oil, Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner, my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter, and bantu knotted my hair in about 10 sections.
|How to bantu knots|
Some of the best curls of the season! I didn't get much wear of them because I didn't have plans to go anywhere except the gym. <shrugs> I was still happy!
Meet Today's co-host: Divachyk from Relaxed Thairapy
The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES
- Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
- Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
- Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone!