- Pre-Poo- using Bobeam Rootz Herbal Hair Oil and detangled with my fingers.
- Shampoo- with Bobeam Rootz Herbal Hair Grower Shampoo bar.
- Extreme deep condition- I deep conditioned with OGX Nourishing Coconut Milk Conditioner on the length of my hair. Then I massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and sat under my hooded dryer for an hour and left it in overnight.
- Green Aloe Hair Rinse- After rinsing the conditioner, I applied 1 part steeped green tea + 1 part aloe vera gel + 1 tbsp Glycerin, using a narrow tip applicator to my strands--focusing on the roots. I let it sit for a few minutes then rinsed.
- Smoothing Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution.
- Air Dried- to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
- Leave ins- I used the LOC method, starting with a little extra virgin coconut oil, Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner, and my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter. Then I twisted my hair and wrapped the ends in satin rollers.
Meh. I still suck at twist outs. My hair just looked...stupid. Ha-ha! So, I pulled it all back and secured with a banana clip and tucked the ends with bobby pins. Viola. The perfect twist out french tuck. I really don't know why I torture myself with braid and twist outs. They hate me!
The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES
- Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
- Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
- Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone!