Honestly, you can wear whatever you want to your 5k race. Comfort is the key. You don't need anything fancy. And forget wearing new clothes or shoes---If you haven't worn it for a least a week prior to your race, don't bother now. Focus on keeping your stride and pushing your hardest.
1. Jacket: It's supposed to be 60+ degrees tomorrow. It's also supposed to rain and 3 days ago it snowed. Yeah. This chica is definitely bringing a warm not too tight but not too loose lightweight jacket---with pockets. (Suggested: Reebok Women's Workout Ready Double Knit Hoodie)
2. Sneaks: I love running. So I keep 3-4 pairs of running sneaks in rotation. My shoes are definitely "broken into" and are super comfortable. Please don't forget to tie your laces pre-race! (Suggested: Reebok Premier ZigWild TR)
3. Pants: Moisture wicking, moisture wicking, moisture wicking. Please only wear pants that are moisture wicking. Why? You will
4. Head band: Do not be that girl. You know that girl fighting with her hair every step for 3.1 miles. High bun this one and secure with a fitted headband to prevent flyways from annoying you. (Suggested: Scunci No Slip Grip Head Bands)
5. Shirt: Most races include a nifty "brag" t-shirt in your registration perks. Wear it if you get one! For tomorrow's race, I'm sporting my Black Girls Run Preserve the Sexy tee. My fave brag tee is super comfy, has a great fit, and makes me feel like a million bucks. Plus I'm running with a few members of my Black Girls RUN! DC crew. If you hate running alone and looking for a motivated, encouraging group of brown girls to kick it with, check BlackGrilsRun.com to find a local running group. (Suggested: BGR Performance Tee)
6. Lucky Socks: I have lucky socks. I wear them every race. They are purple and very awesome. Without my lucky socks, I'm convinced that I will trip over my own feet and take out at least 10 other runners in the process. I don't wanna be that girl! Ha-ha! Whatever makes you feel lucky or gets you in the running zone, don't hestiate to wear it! (Suggested: Those holey socks in the back of your drawer that you refuse to throw away. Yep. Those are the luckiest pair)
Got any races planned this Spring?
Fitness Friday Linkup RULES
- Fitness is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted---we not about that life!
- Inspire the Fitness Friday contributor that linked up directly before you with an encouraging comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. (Don’t worry, the chica who links up after you will do the same; So everyone gets love!).
- Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button which links back to the Fitness Friday page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.