If you didn't finish your taxes yet...stop reading this and go DO IT NOW. Ha-ha! If you've you already have---Throw some confetti with me chicas! It's also my birthday! I'm immensely grateful and totally thankful for each one of you guys for letting me share a little part of your world! SavingOurStrands totally has the best e-cheer squad in the whole wide world! I love that I have a place to share what I've experienced and learned about life---y si que claro my hair with you! To celebrate my birthday---here are 8 things that I've learned to love about my hair in the last year:
- I love having long(ish) hair: I dream about getting one of those sexy lobs (long-bobs) all the time. Especially when I'm fighting one SSK after another, but when I'm done---I'm so happy that my patience and commitment to my hair is paying off with length!
- I love my hair color: It's not brown---but not quite red either. The summer streaks it with highlights. I've even thought about using henna to enhance my natural color. Maybe this is the year that I actually do it!
- I love my air dried hair: I'm starting to realize that I actually like big hair! I've fought it for so many years but bantu knots are seriously my thing now. I've done a set at least once a week for almost a year now.
- I love my bangs: My bangs are my security blanket. For two really silly reasons: I have a big forehead and I feel like my head is quite large for my body. Ha-ha! I feel so naked with my hair completely slicked back. Thank God for face framing styles!
- I love tea rinses: Because I shed madly, tea rinses have literally saved my strands---from falling on the floor. I don't think that there is a coincidence that my shedding has dramatically decreased since I started tea rinsing on a regular basis. I been experimenting with a few new tea rinses ingredients that I'll share soon!
- I love that my bestie loves her hair too: I truly adore my friendship with Keyda. She's charming, witty, and always tells me that you can never have too many deep conditioners!
- I love that I don't have to straighten my hair to love it: Last year at the beginning of my heat detox, I really struggled with styling my hair. Ugh...I had sooo many blah days. I was so in love with my straight hair that I felt icky with big hair
- I love my curly roots: So much so that I'm actually considering an never ending this stretch. Did she just say what I think she said?!? Maybe...maybe not. The jury is still deliberating!