- Cleanse: Although my hair hates shampoo, I always apply Emergencee to freshly shampooed hair. Why? Because you want the protein to bond and be absorbed into your hair and it can't if your strands are covered in junk. My favorite shampoo is Matrix Biolage Hydrating Shampoo.
- Apply: Add an ample amount of Emergencee to completely cover the hair. If you're grossed out by the gel like consistency or trying to savor your manicure pick up a Sprush to make the process easier. Work through.
- Let Dry: Air dry or pop under your hooded dryer for 10-15 minutes just until the treatment hardens. Whatever you do, do not manipulate your hair for any reason once it starts to harden. It's tragic. I've been using my trusty Gold N Hot Hard Bonnet since 2009 to get the job done.
- Rinse- Thoroughly with warm water. Simply stand under the stray of your shower for 3-5 minutes while the water loosens and rinses the treatment. Again---do not manipulate your hair in any way until the treatment is rinsed.
- Deep Condition- Emergencee is a major protein treatment. Always follow up with a heated deep condition. A little Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Conditioning Balm does the trick for my hair.