Mini washing is simply a glorified co-wash. I usually rinse my hair with oil or just water, skip the shampooing, and go straight into my deep conditioning routine. No jumping in and out of the shower 20 million times to get my hair adequately clean and to rehydrated. Here's what I used to wash my hair this week:
- Detangled- with my fingers and a ton of organic extra virgin olive oil.
- Extreme deep condition- Next, I hopped into the shower for 5 minutes to rinse the oil completely. Then I applied Organix Hydrating Macadamia Oil Intensive Mask. Next, I massaged organic extra virgin olive oil with a plastic cap and sat under my heat cap for 2 hours and left it in overnight.
- Camomile Aloe Tea Rinse- After rinsing the conditioner, I applied 1 part steeped camomile tea and 1 part aloe vera gel with a tablespoon (or so) of glycerin, using a narrow tip applicator to my strands--focusing on the roots. I let it sit for a few minutes then rinsed.
- Smoothing Treatment- I rinsed the conditioner then let a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution marinate on my hair for about 5 minutes.
- Air Dried- to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
- Leave ins- Applying the LOC(B) method, to seal in the moisture (L) into my strands, I used organic extra virgin olive oil (O), then Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner (C), and my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter (B)as my leave ins I "faux" banded my hair to stretch roots.
Minimal shedding, a few tangles here and there, and very well moisturized hair. I'm definitely not complaining! Again this week I'm keeping it simple with a bantu knot curl bang and a low bun. Nothing fancy at all! I've been asked several times, what I use to lay down my edges this far along in this stretch. On a good day I'll remember to use my Chi Twisted Fabric to slick down my edges. Most days---I don't. I'm so used to fuzzy edges that they just don't bother me anymore!
The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES
- Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
- Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
- Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone!