I have a confession: I can not remember if I moisturized and sealed daily last week. You see what had happened was----Well, I'm not gonna lie. I just dropped the ball. When I started to detangle on wash day, I kicked myself in the butt several times. My hair was dry and I had more breakage than I was comfortable with, so I knew that it was protein treatment time.
- Pre-Shampoo- I gently detangled with my fingers and slathered on extra virgin coconut oil.
- Moisturizing Shampoo- with diluted Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Hydrating Shampoo applied with an applicator bottle.
- Protein Treatment- with Nexxus Emergencee; the world's easiest to apply protein treatment. I let it air dry for an hour or so while I did chores.
- Extreme deep condition- Next, I stood under the spray of my shower for about 5 minutes to rinse the Emergencee completely. I deep conditioned with Jessicurl Deep Treatment on the length of my hair. Then I massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and sat under my hooded dryer for an hour and left it in overnight.
- Smoothing Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution.
- Air Dried- to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
- Leave ins- I used Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner, my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter, and the "faux" banded my hair to stretch roots while it dried.
I've used Nexxus Emergencee for about 3 years and the results never cease to amaze me. My hair always feels stronger, smoother, and thicker afterwards. I feel like I judo chop breakage every time that I use it! Jessicurl Deep Treatment moisturized like no body's business and of course I set my hair in about 10 bantu knots to style. They weren't my best curls, I totally broke Bantu Knot rule #2 of not letting them dry completely, but they were still Facebook-worthy.
How was your wash day?
The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES
- Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
- Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
- Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone!