My hair hates shampoo. I promise that I'm not being my usual dramatic self. I'm oh so serious. Typical shampoos leave my hair stripped, stringy, and tangled. I hate it, but I understand that it's a necessary evil in my regimen especially when I my hair feels coated from a build up of residue from conditioners and other styling products. My favorite shampoo has been Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Hydrating Shampoo for a while now. It cleans my scalp whilst being very gentle and super moisturizing for my strands. Then a few months ago won a Bobeam contest from Natural Haven (hey JC!) and I've been madly in love with Bobeam Rootz Herbal Hair Grower Shampoo bar. Here's how I use it:
- Detangle and section hair before you wash. If you're petrified of stripped and tangled hair like me, try pre-shampooing with extra virgin coconut oil for about 20 minutes.
- Saturate with water to thoroughly rinse hair your hair in the shower.
- Form lather by rubbing shampoo bar between hands.
- Apply lathered hands to one section of hair focusing on your roots and scalp. Repeat until complete.
- Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap and suds completely.
And for my visual learners (hey y'all!). Here's a quick video from the best smelling store on the planet: Lush! Lush specializes in gorgeously green and awesomely handmade beauty products.
Soon I'll share what shampoo bars are on my wish list---as if I'm gonna run out of this Bobeam bar anytime in the near future. Ha-ha! And I'll show you how I store my solid shampoo bar so that it lastest forever (kinda).
Have you used a solid shampoo bar? What's your fave?