Pilates is kinda my think right now. If you're not similar with Pilates, think Yoga practice with intentional focus on sculpting, toning, and strengthening your torso, while increasing flexibility, circulation, and mental/physical well-being. Right after I signed up for my class, being the hair obsessed chica that I am, my next thought was "How in the world do you wear you hair for Pilates?" Ha-ha. Well, today on #fitnessfriday, I'm sharing my Pilates hair do's and don'ts plus a few hairstyles that will keep your hair looking amazing whilst you tone your body.
Pilates Hair Do's:
- Wear your hair up: You know that girl who does more work trying to fix her hair during class than she does working out? Don't be that chica.
- Secure your tresses: If you have bangs, pull them up. If you have layers, grab a headband to keep them out of your face and off your neck
- Say no to ponytails: My instructor told me a horror story about the time that someone got their long low ponytail stuck in one of the machines whilst working on her side bends. Enough said right?
- Say no to low buns: Mat work requires proper head positioning. So those low buns will annoy the heck out of you.
- Say no to pins or barrettes: I suffered through a Pilates session with a bobby pin probing my brain. It was the worst thing ever! If you need to use pins, be sure that they are flat to your head not digging into your scalp.
Fitness Friday Linkup RULES
- Fitness is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted---we not about that life!
- Inspire the Fitness Friday contributor that linked up directly before you with an encouraging comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. (Don’t worry, the chica who links up after you will do the same; So everyone gets love!).
- Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button which links back to the Fitness Friday page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.