I hate it when I get myself all hyped to use a (semi)new product and it disappoints. I was gifted a bunch of Pura Body Naturals products for Christmas and I just KNEW that my hair was going to love it. The first time that I tried it---I was totally unimpressed. But I really wanted to like it. So I tried them again. And...well my hair still didn't like them. Here's how my wash day went:
- Pre-shampoo- with extra virgin coconut oil and detangled
- Extreme deep condition- Next, I hopped into the shower for 5 minutes to rinse the oil completely. Then I applied Pura Body Naturals Chocolate Hair Smoothie, massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and sat under hooded dryer for an hour and left it in overnight.
- Green Aloe Hair Rinse- After rinsing the conditioner, I applied 1 part steeped green tea + 1 part aloe vera juice, using a narrow tip applicator to my strands--focusing on the roots. I let it sit for a few minutes then rinsed.
- Smoothing Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution.
- Air Dried- to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
- Leave ins- I used Pura Body Naturals MuruMuru Moisture Milk to moisturize, Pura Body Naturals Cupuacu Hair Butter to seal + a dab of Chi Silk Infusion (heat protectant) on my ends then bantu knotted in about 10 sections.
So this bantu knot set looks okay right? But you don't even know the half of it. My hair was soooo dry. Think desert dry. Think my hair was more moisturized before I washed it dry. The conditioner had no slip and wasn't moisturizing at all. The I've heard so many good things about MuruMuru Moisture Milk but it did nothing for my hair. I literally felt like my hair was repelling it. The only good thing about this line is the scent. It smells like a heavenly bakery! *pero le sigh* If I was at home, I would have washed my hair over straight away. It was that bad. But because the hubby and I were on travel, I sucked it up, fluffed the curls and enjoyed myself. But, the next day, I co-washed with OGX Renewing Argan Oil of Morocco Conditioner moisturized with my trusty Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner, sealed with my kitchenista DIY Whipped Hair Butter then pulled my hair into a goddess braid.
Thank goodness for classic protective styles to save the day!
How was your wash day?
Un mil besitos!
The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES
- Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
- Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
- Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone!