Despite of my asi asi experience with Pura Naturals last week, the combo of co-washing + Goddess Braids totally saved the day. Co-washing gave me back the moisture that my hair craved, whilst the braids actually assisted in stretching my roots. By the time that I'd usually wash, my hair felt really great. So I skipped washing. *Collective gasp* Yeps, y'all. I skipped washing! Instead, I moisturized and baggied for several hours before bantu knotting my hair. Here's how my faux-wash day went:
- Moisturize- Lightly detangled then applied Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner
- Baggy- Covered with a plastic cap and relaxed for a few hours
- Sealed- with Koils by Nature Nourishing Hair and Body Butter, applied a little Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie to the ends, then Bantu knotted in about 10 sections.
Waves! I've been victim to fairly tight bantu curls over the last few weeks. Today was the complete opposite. My hair was more wavey than curly. Although, it wasn't quite what I expected, I was pleasantly pleased with the results. The only downside was that by the end of the day, the waves had completely pooped out. Usually I get 3-4 days out of my curls. *insert bummed face* To make do, I pulled it all up into my favorite updo.
Will I baggy instead of washing in the future? Probably. My hair actually felt pretty darn good. After taking off the plastic cap, my hair was slightly damp to the touch; Same as it would have been had I washed before installing my bantu knots. My scalp didn't feel gross, or dry, or itchy and my hair didn't feel overloaded on product. I won't know until next wash day if my hair really likes this baggying idea, but so far, I'm a fan.
Have you ever baggied to prolong days between washes?
The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES
- Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
- Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
- Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone!