My hair has been on it's very best behavior the last couple of weeks. Detangling hasn't been all that miserable and my shedding is completely under control. I figured that it was the perfect time (if there is a such thing!) to try some new products. Here's how I washed my hair this week:
- Pre-Shampoo- I gently detangled with my fingers and slathered on extra virgin coconut oil.
- Shampoo- with Bobeam Rootz Herbal Hair Grower Shampoo bar.
- Extreme deep condition- I deep conditioned with Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Smoothie then I massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and sat under my hooded dryer for an hour.
- Rosemary Green Aloe Hair Rinse- After rinsing the conditioner, I applied 1 part steeped green tea + 1 part aloe vera juice + 2 springs of rosemary, using a narrow tip applicator to my strands--focusing on the roots. I let it sit for a few minutes then rinsed.
- Smoothing Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution.
- Air Dried- to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
- Leave ins- I used the LOC(B) method, starting with a little (O)Carol's Daughter Hair Balm, (C)Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner, + my kitchenista (B)Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter, I faux banded to stretch the roots.
I gave Carol's Daughter another try and yet again another set of products yield *meh shoulder shrug* results. The conditioner was decent. I hate the scent of the hair balm. (It lingers forever!) The hair honey was interesting enough to try again to smooth my edges. We had so much going on last weekend from bbqs to lounging at the beach to putting in several sweat sessions enjoying the beautiful weather. I whipped my hair into this cute Naptural85's braided Mohawk using about 3/4 pack of Kanekalon hair. I love the way that it kept my hair tidy while I smashed my hubby in badminton.
How was your wash day?
The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES
- Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
- Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
- Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone!