My protective style last week was super cute but I had to take it down after 2 days because 1---no protective style ever lasts long in my hair and 2---my 90 minute Spin class. #enoughsaid right? My hair felt oddly dry. I tried baggying---that didn't work. So I had to cowash---but didn't have time to properly detangle. By the time that wash day rolled around, my hair pretty much hated me. I had to clarify and do a protein treatment so that we could get back on good terms:
- Pre-Shampoo- I gently detangled with my fingers and slathered on extra virgin coconut oil.
- Moisturizing Shampoo- with diluted Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Hydrating Shampoo applied with an applicator bottle.
- Protein Treatment- with Nexxus Emergencee; the world's easiest to apply protein treatment. I let it air dry for an hour or so while I did chores.
- Extreme deep condition- Next, I stood under the spray of my shower for about 5 minutes to rinse the Emergencee completely. I deep conditioned with Jessicurl Deep Treatment on the length of my hair. Then I massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and sat under my hooded dryer for an hour and left it in overnight.
- Smoothing Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution.
- Air Dried- to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
- Leave ins- I used Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner, Pura Body Naturals
Pura Body Naturals Cupuacu Hair Butter to seal + a dab of Chi Silk Infusion (heat protectant) and then "faux" banded my hair to stretch roots while it dried.
Jeni came up with some awesome themes for your #washdayexperience in June! Whilst, it's not required, but we thought that it would be fun to see how everyone approaches the theme differently and pick up new or improved tips/techniques. Lord knows that I need help with my braid outs! First up: heatless curl week and I did not do a set of bantu knots! *Collective gasp* Yep. I'm kinda proud of myself y'all. *pops colla--wait--I don't have a collar--shrugs instead...* Inspired by a conversation with my girl Ebony from Longing4Length (and a sweet 15% off coupon for Sallys), I finally invested in a set of Caruso Steam Rollers. Caruso Steam Rollers use steam to create curls without direct heat at lighting speed and is said to be ridiculously healthy for your hair. After one use---I'd definitely agree. My curls were moisturized bouncy and super shiny plus it only took 30 minutes to set! My bantu knots laugh in the face of 30 minute setting time. LOL.
|This month on the #washdayexperience|
To preserve my curls---and keep my roots stretched---I'll probably roll the sections up in satin foam rollers and cover with a bonnet. I don't know how well they'll last, but I'm kinda digging steam rollers. What do you think? Love it or Leave it?
The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES
- Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
- Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
- Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone!