My Caruso roller set last week was...well...it was interesting.The curls were beautiful but maintaining it was impossible without doing another set. I tried setting the curls on satin rollers and while the results were still super cute---and very reminiscent of a braid out---it wasn't the same. I guess that I need to keep working on it. Ha-ha! The good news is that my hair was soooo smooth, moisturized and tangle free all week. I had absolutely no trouble styling and I didn't even feel like I needed to do a mid-week co-wash! Totally winning! Any who, here's what I did to keep the good times rolling:
- Pre-Shampoo- Detangled with a generous amount of Almond Oil and applied JBCO to my scalp.
- Co-Wash- with Shea Moisture Co-wash Conditioning Cleanser.
- Extreme Deep Condition with Jessicurl Deep Treatment.
- Tea Rinse- using 2 Bamboo tea bags steeped in a 1:1 ratio of water and aloe vera juice + 2 tbsp of glycerin.
- Smoothing/Detangling Treatment with a large dollop of Matrix Detangling Solution
- Air Dry with Chi Silk Infusion applied to wet hair then wrapped in a satin scarf.
- Leave ins- I used Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner and Pura Body Naturals Cupuacu Hair Butter to seal then "faux" banded my hair to stretch roots while it dried. I installed about 10 bantu knots for curls.
Success! I've used Shea Moisture Conditioning Cleanser several times during my mid-week co-washing sessions. My hair didn't feel particularly "dirty" so I figured that a simple co-washing cleanser would suffice. I promise to do a full review soon, but for now---know that I love it! The Bamboo tea rinse was amazing and you can expect to see me use that again. To style, I did a dutch braid across the middle of my head then pulled everything into a side pony. I wasn't expecting much from this simple style, but I actually really like it! What do you think?
The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES
- Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
- Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
- Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone!