This week's theme on the #washdayexperience is Summer Bun Fun. I think that this might be my favorite theme to date because I absolutely adored the way that my hair turned out. Plus, I had the best wash day in...well forever. I think that I've found my winning conditioning cocktail! Here's how my wash day went:
- Extreme Deep Condition- I applied Jessicurl Deep Treatment to my roots as I gently finger detangled. Next, I applied Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Conditioner from the line where my unprocessed hair meets my relaxed hair down. I massaged a little extra virgin coconut oil from root to tip, covered with a plastic cap, then let it all marinate over night.
- Tea Rinse- using 2 Bamboo tea bags steeped in a 1:1 ratio of water and aloe vera juice + 2 tbsp of glycerin.
- Smoothing/Detangling Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Detangling Solution
- Air Dry with Chi Silk Infusion applied to wet hair then wrapped in a satin scarf for about an hour.
- Leave ins- I used Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner and Pura Body Naturals Cupuacu Hair Butter to seal then "faux" banded my hair to stretch roots while it dried.
While I rinsed out my conditioner mix my hair was literally like silk. I felt like I'd just relaxed! I didn't have one tangle in the shower and honestly, I didn't really want to tea rinse for fear that I'd loose that super moisturized and smooth feeling. Luckily, my bamboo tea rinse didn't disappoint. Test run #2 and I'm still madly in love with it. I think that it just might be the most moisturizing tea rinse that I've used.
Once my hair was about 90% dry after banding, I used a little Chi Twisted Fabric to pull my hair into a high bun and accessorized with a floral headband. You're probably tired of seeing this headband but it's totally my favorite!
How was your #washdayexperience? I'd love it if you shared below!
The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES
- Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
- Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
- Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone!