Extreme deep conditioning is just a super fancy pre-shampoo that layers an oil over your conditioner to seal in all that moisturizing goodness. This week I applied my extreme deep conditioning combo of Jessicurl (on my roots for extra moisture) + Joico (on my ends for strength) + Coconut Oil (all over to seal) to dry hair to knock out two birds with one stone: pre-poo AND deep conditioning!
- Extreme Deep Condition- I applied Jessicurl Deep Treatment to my roots as I gently finger detangled. Next, I applied Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Conditioner from the line where my unprocessed hair meets my relaxed hair down. I massaged a little extra virgin coconut oil from root to tip, covered with a plastic cap, then let it all marinate over night.
- Tea Rinse- using 2 Bamboo tea bags steeped in a 1:1 ratio of water and aloe vera juice + 2 tbsp of glycerin.
- Smoothing/Detangling Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Detangling Solution
- Air Dry with Chi Silk Infusion applied to wet hair then wrapped in a satin scarf for about an hour.
- Leave ins- I used Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner and Pura Body Naturals Cupuacu Hair Butter to seal then set my hair in about 12 bantu knots
Well hello curls! I sure hope that y'all aren't sick of my bantu knot curls because I am sooooo in love! I usually prefer when my sets are big and bouncy, but lately all I've gotten are super tight curls. I worn it out for a day then the next day I sported tousled high bun.
How was your #washdayexperience? I'd love it if you shared below!
The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES
- Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
- Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
- Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone!