#FitnessFriday is a fun community building linkup that encourages women to keep their body strong whilst creating a sustainable healthy lifestyle. Losing weight, eating well, and growing long healthy hair isn't easy; but they do go hand in hand. Wellness starts on the inside and requires commitment, dedication, plus loads of support. We're totally all in this together!
The biggest reason that I love #FitnessFriday is because it
Honestly, you can wear whatever you want to the Pilates Studio. No matter what comfort is the key. You don't need anything fancy. But you do need to feel confident in whatever you wear.
1. Layers: Sometimes my Pilates studio is freezing cold. Other times its like they have the heat on in the summer time. I like to dress in layers to make sure that I'm comfortable regardless of the temperature in the studio. Always make sure that your outer layer is still Pilates mat and machine friendly.(Suggested: Reebok Yoga & Pilates Sweater $45)
2. Tank: The worst thing that you can wear to Pilates class is a top that's too tight or too revealing. My favorite tank fit is cut high in the front (to keep me from flashing the class), a loose in the middle (no muffin tops here!), and longer than most tops (just in case my shirt rides up a tad). You'll want your top to be able to move about with you. Not against you. (Suggested: Reebok Workout Ready Tank $17)
3. Bottoms: Sweats, windbreaker pants, or anything super baggy is totally a bad idea. Not only can baggy clothes be difficult to maneuver in, but they are potentially dangerous when working on the Pilates machines. Also, if you are doing mat work, you want your instructor to be able to see and correct your movements/posture. Choose pants that wear close to the body, provide freedom of motion, and claro que si make your butt look fabulous! (Suggested: Reebok Workout Ready Capri $40)
4. Socks: Pilates is performed barefoot. But I'm kinda not about that life, so I wear my lucky socks. They are purple and very awesome. Your teacher will probably freak if you wear your shoes into the Pilates room. Always take them off before you walk in. (Suggested: Those holey socks in the back of your drawer that you refuse to throw away. Yep. Those are the luckiest pair)
5. Pilates Bag: Although completely optional, I invested in a mat sleeve when I was in college initially for my Yoga mat. Now I use that bag for my Pilates mat (A Pilates mat has about twice the thickness of a traditional Yoga mat). My bag has a place for my keys, water bottle, and phone plus a few other things because I'm awful forgetful---so it works in my favor to keep everything in one place. (Suggested: Reebok Stripped Yoga Mat $22)
Are you into Pilates? What do you wear?
- Fitness is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted---we not about that life!
- Inspire the Fitness Friday contributor that linked up directly before you with an encouraging comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. (Don’t worry, the chica who links up after you will do the same; So everyone gets love!).
- Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button which links back to the Fitness Friday page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.