Moisture + keeping my roots stretched is everything to me right now, so I figured that a good moisture only conditioning treatment was in order for today's #washdayexperience. My hair and I have been on really good terms and it's even been manageable through Florida's 1000% humidity. Here's how I treated my hair this week:
- Pre-Shampoo- I gently detangled with my fingers and slathered on extra virgin coconut oil. I let it marinate for an hour or so covered with a plastic cap.
- Shampoo- with Bobeam Rootz Herbal Hair Grower Shampoo bar.
- Extreme deep condition- I deep conditioned with Jessicurl Deep Treatment on the length of my hair. Then I massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and left it in overnight.
- Tea Rinse- using 2 Bamboo tea bags steeped in 2 cups of water + 2 tbsp of glycerin and a few drops of Eucalyptus essential oil.
- Smoothing/Detangling Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Detangling Solution
- Air Dry with Chi Silk Infusion applied to wet hair then wrapped in a satin scarf for about an hour.
- Leave ins- I used Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner to moisturize, my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter to seal and then "faux" banded my hair to stretch roots while it dried.
Friday marks my one year post relaxer mile marker! I guess that I need to stop putting this straightening business on the back burner and give y'all a proper length check! Pray for my arms!
The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES
- Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
- Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
- Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone!