I've never been more excited to wash my hair, as I was this wash day! I missed my fullness, I missed the fluffiness, and I really missed my curls. Someone call the cops because I think that I've been abducted by aliens! I totally love my big hair more than poker straight hair! Here's how I got back to normal:
- Extreme Deep Condition- I deep conditioned on dry using Matrix Ultra Hydrasource Conditioner. Then I massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and left it in overnight.
- Tea Rinse- using 2 Bamboo tea bags steeped in 2 cups of water + 2 tbsp of glycerin.
- Air Dry- with Chi Silk Infusion applied to wet hair then wrapped in a satin scarf.
- Leave ins- I used Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner to moisturize, my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter to seal and then set my hair in bantu knots.
First, let's give a round of applause for Ulta's Liter sale! I treated myself to a couple new things, including a giant bottle of Matrix Ultra Hydrasource Conditioner. I figured that it would work just as well as my beloved Matrix Biolage Ultra-Hydrating Balm, but boy was I wrong. It was 200% BETTER. Yeah, I didn't think that was possible either! Upon application, my hair was so soft and fluffy, I really didn't know if I needed to leave it in overnight. Washing it out was like rinsing butter from my hair. It's love at first use! I went for a simple high bun this week because between workouts, chasing kids, and putting the finishing touches on a family reunion this weekend---I really don't have time to fuss with my hair.
How was your wash day?
The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES
- Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
- Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
- Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone!