Last wash day---I pulled my hair up into a bun. And there it stayed until this wash day. Ha-ha! I kinda moisturized and sealed. I kinda detangled. I kinda---didn't really wrap my hair at night. Inspite of my neglect, something amazing happened. As I prepped to wash my hair again, it felt AMAZING. It was still moisturized. It was still fluffy. It was still soft. Needless to say, I totally wanted a repeat performance of last week's wash day!
- Extreme Deep Condition- I deep conditioned on unwashed using Matrix Ultra Hydrasource Conditioner on my roots and Joico K Pak on my ends. Then I massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and left it in overnight.
- Tea Rinse- using 2 Bamboo tea bags steeped in 2 cups of water + 2 tbsp of glycerin.
- Air Dry- with Extra Virgin Coconut Oil applied to wet hair then wrapped in a satin scarf.
- Leave ins- I used Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner to moisturize, my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter to seal and then faux banded my hair.
It took me less than 45 minutes to tangle! Now, this may not seem like a big deal to you---but this is AMAZEBALLS for me. I'm totally crushing on everything about Matrix's Hydrasource conditioner. It's not often that I fall head over heels in love with a conditioner after two uses. The slip is to die for. The scent is heavenly. And the moisture---y'all---I've never experienced moisture overload before, but this conditioner just might do it! This week, I decided to throw a strengthening conditioner on my ends. I've been protein layering for several months now; it's safe to say that my ends are in great shape because of it.
I wish that I would have taken a picture of my detangled and banded hair. I love the look of big hair on me! To style, I set my hair on a few Caruso steam rollers for about 30 minutes and went on about my day. I promise that I'm not abandoning bantu knots---I think!
How was your wash day?
The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES
- Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
- Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
- Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone!
a Rafflecopter giveaway