It look me 3 hours to straight my hair. THREE hours. *hangs head* That doesn't include washing or detangling time. That is literally 3 hours with the flat iron. After I got about a quarter of it done, I seriously considered washing it again and calling it a day. Ha-ha! But I know that I owe you guys some sleek and smooth hair so I preserved on.
- Pre-shampoo- I lightly detangled and slathered my hair in extra virgin coconut oil.
- Shampoo- Next, I hopped into the shower for 5 minutes to rinse the oil completely. I combined about 1/2 oz of Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Hydrating Shampoo with 4 oz of water in a narrow tip applicator bottle and applied to my roots only. I let the runoff cleanse my ends.
- Extreme Deep Condition- Then I applied Matrix Biolage Ultra-Hydrating Balm from root to tip, covered with a plastic cap and left it in overnight.
- Smoothing Treatment- I rinsed the conditioner then let a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution marinate on my hair for about 5 minutes.
- Leave Ins- I decided to apply It's a 10! leave in and Chi Silk Infusion then detangled.
- Flat iron- with my Solia Iron and Sedu Carbon Flat Iron Comb.
Before flat ironing, I gave myself a breakage pep talk. I reminded myself that breakage is inevitable, that tangles are unavoidable, and that there was a chance that my ends wouldn't be able to withstand all of the aforementioned. I didn't want to be disappointed if I didn't retain any length or if my hemline was a crooked mess. Then...I was done...And my hair actually looks really good. Like 100% better than I honestly thought that it would. Flat ironing is definitely a labor of love. (Here's the dets on how I get it done) But I just want to warn y'all---this will not occur again anytime soon! My arms still hurt! Ha-ha! I snipped off about 1/4-1/2 inch and I promise length check pics are coming down the pipeline.
I hope that your #washdayexperience wasn't as long as mine!
The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES
- Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
- Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
- Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone!