I've only done the bare minimal to maintain my hair over the last 3 weeks. I moisturized and sealed just enough to pull my hair up and keep my top knot from becoming a top disaster. I didn't comb. I barely detangled. I totally don't recommend this! It's so weird---again---this wash day, when I took down my hair it was super moisturized, super fluffy, and relatively tangle free. I know that neglect can easily turn into breakage, but I can't lie, I'm totally enjoying the simplicity of it all in the midst of my super hectic cross state move, getting my little people ready for school, and trying to enjoy the last few days of summer. The only thing that's been consistent are my wash days. Here's how today's went:
- Pre-shampoo- I lightly detangled and slathered my hair in extra virgin coconut oil.
- Co-Wash- with Shea Moisture Co-wash Conditioning Cleanser.
- Extreme Deep Condition- I applied Matrix Ultra Hydrasource Conditioner to my hair root to tip, then I massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and left it in overnight.
- Tea Rinse- using 2 chamomile tea bags steeped in 2 cups of water + 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Detangling Treatment- I applied a large dallop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution
- Air Dry- wrapped in a satin scarf for about 30 minutes.
- Leave ins- I used Chi Silk Infusion to aid in detangling and smooth my strands then rolled my hair on flexi rods in about 1" sections.
As I detangled, I snipped a few frayed ends as a part of the 30 Day Split Challenge. Then I re-wet my hair with water and pretty much followed Jeni's Essentials For Great Flexi Rod Sets guide to install my rods. The process was super tedious. I skipped moisturizing with my beloved Jessicurl Too Shea! for fear of weighing down my strands. I figured that if all else failed, I'd co-wash in a day or two. I ended up sleeping in the rods because I wanted to make sure that they were dry. OMGosh!! Worst. Idea. Ever. If I ever do that again shoot me. No seriously. SHOOT ME. It's going to take several cups of coffee to make up for the sleep lost and several yoga sessions to get the kinks out of my neck. Oh yeah, did I mention that was the WORST. IDEA. EVER?!?
It was challenging to keep my ends wrapped on the rods, so if I ever do this again, I'll definitely have to use end papers. I'll probably pick up some wider (think fatter) flexi-rods because although I loved these little sprial curls, if you know me---and I think that you do---I LOVE me some BIG BOUNCY curls.
With all that said, these curls are sooooo cute. Y'all should see me shaking my head all over the place. It's truly truly sad how silly I get when I'm having a good hair day and I think that no one is looking! #dontjudgeme!
How was your #WashDayExperience?
The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES
- Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
- Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
- Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone!
a Rafflecopter giveaway