My flexi-rod set lasted all of 6 hours before I haphazardly pulled it up into a curly bun as I dashed into Spin class. A day later, my hair was dry as the desert and I immediately regretted not moisturizing. But it wasn't anything that a quick co-wash with Aussie 3 minute moist couldn't handle. I'm happy to report that my hair is still ridiculously moisturized and all is right with the world! LOL. This week, I decided to focus on strengthening my strands with a protein condition:
- Extreme Deep Condition- I gently detangled my hair then applied Matrix Ultra Hydrasource Conditioner to my unwashed roots and Joico K Pak on my ends. Then I massaged my strands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and left it in overnight.
- Tea Rinse- using 2 chamomile tea bags steeped in 2 cups of water + 2 tbsp of glycerin.
- Air Dry- with Extra Virgin Coconut Oil applied to wet hair then wrapped in a satin scarf.
- Leave ins- I used Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner to moisturize, my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter to seal and then faux banded my hair.
Very little shed hair? 30 minute detangling? Super moisturized hair? Check. Check. Double Check. I think that this has been my hair's best summer ever. Overnight deep conditioning with Matrix Hydrasource is definitely one of my better ideas. It's safe to say that my experiment with glycerin is actually working well. And I'm still ridiculously in love with Jessicurl Too Shea.
Today I went with a simple side bun and swooped curly bang. Which made me realize how much I miss my big bantu knot curls! My hubby and I are celebrating our wedding anniversary this weekend, so its the perfect time to have fancy un-boring hair. Wish me luck!
How was your #WashDayExperience?
The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES
- Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
- Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
- Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone!
a Rafflecopter giveaway