- Extreme Deep Condition- I gently detangled my hair then applied Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Conditioner to my unwashed hair. Then I massaged my strands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and let marinate under my heat cap for about 3 hours.
- Oil Rinse- using a bit more Extra Virgin Coconut oil
- Air Dry- wrapped in a satin scarf.
- Leave ins- I used Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Style Milk to moisturize, my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter to seal and Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie for hold then bantu knotted my hair in about 12 sections.
Meh...not at all what I expected. First I'll chat about the product. The Coconut & Hibiscus line smells fabulousicious. I'd buy the perfume and bathe in it for several days at a time. It's just that good. But this conditioner and leave in? No. No. No. and NO. On application in both instances, I thought, ohh this is nice it's absorbing quickly. has decent slip, I think that my hair will like this. But there was no softness. No silkiness. No moisture. When I rinsed the conditioner or when I took the knots down to fluff the curls. Didn't feel moisturized at all. I'm willing to give it one more try...but probably not anytime soon.
Bantu Knot fail #5719: The moment when all your curls look great except that one on the right side that didn't curl up all the way making your head look lopsided. no matter what you do or how you fluff the rest of your curls, you still look like a chia pet? Yeah---that was totally this chica.
I need to re-read my ABCs of Banging Bantu Knots because every single set that I've attempted this summer has been a fail. The curls are too tight. I use products that don't play well together. Or I don't use a holding product and then my curls don't last. I really need to get my bantu knot life right y'all!
Into a high bun with curly bangs it all went. I've officially made it an unofficial protective styling kinda summer.
The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES
- Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
- Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
- Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone!