It's been a cray cray week for me. I'm finally in my new home, we've got boxes everywhere, plus my oldest minion started kindergarten yesterday. I've been an emotional wreck! Anywhos, the theme this week on the #washdayexperience is Uncharted Territory. I gave a few products from Good Hair Salon a try. Here's how it went:
- Pre-Poo- I finger detangled using extra virgin coconut oil.
- Shampoo- with Good Hair In A Bottle Shampoo.
- Extreme deep condition- I deep conditioned with Good Hair In A Bottle Conditioner on the length of my hair. Then I massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and sat under my hooded dryer for an hour and left it in overnight.
- Tea Rinse- using 2 chamomile tea bags steeped in 2 cups of water + 2 tbsp of glycerin.
- Smoothing Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution.
- Air Dried- I applied a bit of Good Hair in A Bottle Styling Foam to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
- Leave ins- I used Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner to moisturize, my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter to seal, and cool air tension blow dried my hair in about 10 sections.
I'm not sure what to make of the Good Hair In A Bottle line. The shampoo was decent. It didn't completely strip my hair but it didn't give me much moisture either. The conditioner has AMAZING slip! Like, AMAZING! It also gives great curl definition---which is something that I didn't really want as I have several inches of non-curling texlaxed hair to contend with. If your hair is completely natural---you'll totally love that quality! I used the foam styling product more as a heat protectant than a holding product. I liked the way that it worked and I'll probably whip it out when I try flexi-rods again. I definitely want to give this line another go.
I pulled my hair into my 30 second Ol' Faithful updo (aka my "mom hair") and bantu knotted my bangs for a soft curl. One of the knots turned out kinda wonky, but I really didn't care. Ha-ha! You can check out the tutorial for this look here and here.
How was your #washdayexperience?
The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES
- Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
- Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
- Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone!