Soooo, I thought that I could out run a storm. No seriously. Running is my preferred method of exercise, but it's the rainy season in my new part of the world and EVERY SINGLE TIME that I get outside to run---it rains. Because I'm a loser/glutton for punishment/crazy girl---I refuse to stop running. I'm gonna sweat anyway right?! And of course that means that I keep getting drenched. LOL. I'll never learn. Anywhos, I co-washed a few times since my last wash day with Good Hair Conditioner and it totally bought my hair back. I really like this conditioner because it's a 3-in-1: deep conditioner, co-washing conditioner, and leave-in conditioner. Jackpot!
This week's #washdayexperience theme is tried and true. Y'all know what that means---Nexxus, Matrix, Jessicurl, and bantu knots for me! Here's how my wash day went:
- Pre-shampoo- I lightly detangled and slathered my hair in extra virgin coconut oil.
- Shampoo- Next, I hopped into the shower for 5 minutes to rinse the oil completely. I combined about 1/2 oz of Matrix Biolage Hydrasource Shampoo with 4 oz of water in a narrow tip applicator bottle and applied to my roots only. I let the runoff cleanse my ends.
- Protein Treatment- with Nexxus Emergencee; the world's easiest to apply protein treatment. I let it air dry for an hour or so while I did chores.
- Extreme Deep Condition- Next, I stood under the spray of my shower for about 5 minutes to rinse the Emergencee completely. I deep conditioned with Matrix Biolage Hydrasource Conditioner on the length of my hair. Then I massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and left it in overnight.
- Leave ins- I used Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner to moisturize, extra virgin coconut oil to seal, then bantu knotted my hair in about 10 sections.
I noticed a little breakage last week and I realized that I hadn't done a hard protein treatment in weeks. Nexxus Emergencee (here's how I use it) always leaves my hair feeling strong and conditioning with Matrix Hydrasource gives me back my softness. Strong+Soft= Balanced hair!
Jessicurl Too Shea always always always ALWAYS makes detangling a breeze---even at 60+ weeks post relaxer. When I let down my bantu knots (Here's how I get these amazing curls)---OMGosh---the fluffy softness. This is EXACTLY how I felt! Ha-ha!
How was your #washdayexperience?
The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES
- Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
- Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
- Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone!