I was totally in love with my hair from last week! After the first day, I pulled it all up into a high bun and there it stayed until today's wash day. Surprisingly, my hair was still uber moisturized and relatively tangle free. Gosh...my love for bantu knot curls will probably never end!
This week's #washdayexperience was all about achieving smooth hair. To me, smooth hair is tangle free, a bit fluffy, and stretched. I decided to give my Good Hair Is...Nourished conditioner another test run. Here's how my wash day went:
- Extreme deep condition- I fully detangled my hair then applied Good Hair In A Bottle Nourished Conditioner on the length of my hair. Then I massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and let sit for a few hours.
- Tea Rinse- using 2 green tea bags steeped in 2 cups of water + 2 tbsp of glycerin.
- Smoothing Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution.
- Air Dried- I applied a bit of Chi Silk Infusion to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
- Leave ins- I turned the Good Hair In A Bottle Nourished (deep) Conditioner into a leave-in conditioner by diluting it 3 parts water to 1 part conditioner. Then I applied some Good Hair Is Resilent Styling Foam and set my hair on perm rods overnight.
Fluffy, oh so smooth, completely tangle/snag free, curls! My hair feels light as a feather and super super duper curly. My roots are nicely stretched so I don't anticipate having problems detangling next week.
I plan on sharing a full review of the Good Hair In A Bottle products in a few days, but for now I'll say that the slip from this conditioner is pretty amazeballs. When I first apply it, it sort of sits on top of my strands for a few minutes then my hair absorbs it like no body's business. My hair feels extremely soft after application. Then something strange happens, when I go to rinse---I loose some of that soft feeling. But once my hair is completely dry---its super soft again. Totally strange right! Has this ever happened to you before?
Anywhos, I'll choose perm rods over flexis all day everyyy day for sleeping in! But I can't lie---the installation process is just as tedious to me and it took me about 1.5 hrs. Versus the 20-30 minutes that it takes for me to whip my hair into bantu knots---yeah...bantu knots win again. Ha-ha!
How did you get your hair smooth this #washdayexperience?