So...I had this master plan to give all every single little detail about my perm rod sets today. I was gonna take a zillion pictures---but you know that only 3 would have been blog-worthy. I even considered filming my installation process. Then realized that my weirdness would be completely revealed---and scratched that idea too. My brilliant plan also included mapping out all the how to's and what to use. Then...I woke up late. Didn't even have time to take down all of my rollers. Yep. That's what the universe thinks of my mater plan. Smh.
Instead---here's the condensed version. With a few silly pics! Here's how my #washdayexperience went...
- Extreme Deep Condition- I detangled my hair in about 8 sections then applied Matrix Hydrasource Conditioner to my roots and Joico K-Pak Revitaluxe from the line of demarcation to my ends. Afterwards, I applied a little extra virgin coconut oil from root to tip to seal in the conditioner. I covered with a plastic cap + knit beanie for a few hours.
- Tea Rinse- I hopped in the shower to rinse the conditioner section by section. Then I applied my tea rinse of 2 green tea bags + 1 cup of water and 2 tablespoons of glycerin. I let the mixture sit on my hair for about 5 minutes.
- Detangling Treatment- I rinsed the tea then applied a Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution.
- Air Dried- I applied a bit of Chi Silk Infusion to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
- Leave ins-I used Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner to moisturize and extra virgin coconut oil to seal, then set my hair on orange perm rods and left in overnight (approx 4-5 hours)
I totally didn't have enough time to take down all of my rollers before I needed to get gone---so I improvised. Hello crochet beanie. Hello curly fringe. I think that I'll keep you!
I wanted a fuller perm rod set this time, but using more rods wasn't really an option---I kinda forgot to buy more. Instead, I took each section, divided it into two, then two strand twisted it a few times. Starting from the roots, I wrapped my hair around the rods and secured. It makes take down super easy, you get twice as many curls and ZERO breakage from trying to divide and fluff your curls. #winning
I don't plan to wear these curls down much, so I skipped a holding product on my ends. The curls from perm rods are awesome---don't get me wrong---but I love them most for how they stretch my roots to blend all this 15 months post relaxer textures.
Promise you won't tell my secret?!
How was your #washdayexperience?