My curls last week lasted all of 3 hours. THREE. Like one-two-three. The reason: It was pouring rain and I totally forgot to use a holding product. #fail #fail #fail. I was super disappointed. The highlight was how soft, smooth, and stretched my hair was for the rest of the week...in a high bun. Ha-ha! After much debate, I went for another perm rod set this week. Same exact products BUT i remembered my Good Hair Is Resilient Styling foam this time!
- Extreme deep condition- I fully detangled my hair then applied Matrix Biolage Hydrasource Conditioner to my roots and Joico K-Pak Revitaluxe to my ends. Then I massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and let sit for a few hours.
- Tea Rinse- using 2 green tea bags steeped in 2 cups of water + 2 tbsp of glycerin.
- Smoothing Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution.
- Air Dried- I applied a bit of Chi Silk Infusion to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
- Leave ins-I used Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner to moisturize, extra virgin coconut oil to seal and Good Hair Is Resilient Styling foam for a soft hold, then set my hair on about 35 orange perm rods and left in overnight
Omgosh. Omgosh. Omgosh. Hello great hair day! I had a couple of wonky uncurled pieces---but girlllll I was still whipping my hair back and forth this morning! Too bad that I don't have anywhere important to be today. Why do good hair days always happen when I have nothing to do. #conspiracytheory
The last time that I used a styling/setting foam was way back in 2009 when I started following Ateeya (y'all remember her?!?) and using KeraCare Wrap Foam. I really didn't understand how to use it. I couldn't wet wrap my hair to save my life. My hair never dried with any bounce or shine. It was a total fail! But this setting foam from GoodHairIs? Oh yeah---this one I know that I'll empty!
I've gotten several requests to see my wet hair. I gotta warn y'all now. It ain't pretty. Although I'm MBL, my wet hair shrinks up to chin/shoulder length. It's super dense and curly at the roots and straighter at the ends. I took a couple of pics of some shed hair that I think explains my dilemma. More on that soon.
How was your #washdayexperience?