The last 67 weeks of this stretch has been fairly simple and straight forward. Stretch hair with curls. Wear hair down for a few hours. Bun it up or twist it back. Well, I kinda didn't follow my own plan of attack and now I'm really asking myself if it's time to throw in the towel. Here's how my #washdayexperience went:
- Extreme deep condition- I fully detangled my hair then applied Matrix Biolage Hydrasource Conditioner to my roots and Joico K-Pak Revitaluxe to my ends. Then I massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and let sit for a few hours.
- Tea Rinse- using 2 green tea bags steeped in 2 cups of water + 2 tbsp of glycerin.
- Smoothing Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution.
- Air Dried- I applied a bit of Chi Silk Infusion to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
- Leave ins-I used Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner to moisturize, extra virgin coconut oil to seal and stretched my hair using banding.
Without my signature curls, I really had NO CLUE how to style my hair. I looked into my Bun Effect (my favorite protective styles) backlog for answers. I tried a low bun; But I couldn't smooth my edges back. I tried my 30 second old faithful updo; Trust me---you don't want to see pictures of that catastrophe. So I went straight into a high bun.
I know exactly where I went wrong today---my hair wasn't properly stretched. SHOCKER right? I used all of my favorite products. I even deep conditioned overnight. But without a proper stretch to blend my super curly roots. It's. All. In. Vain.
BUT...there's an upside. I usually shed like a cat when the seasons change. Not this Fall! (Yet) My lost hair was sincerely a joke this week. I pray that the trend continues!
How was your #washdayexperience?