I'm so bored with my hair I could just scream. Usually, I have a plan of attack and style in mind before I start my #washdayexperience but this week---nothing. Nada. Zip. I love me some perm rods but I'm not that quick on the installation tip (it takes me roughly 1 1/2 hours), my bantu knot curls have been hit or miss (with mostly misses and updos), I've been really itching to give myself a good flat iron + trim (especially since my terrible detangling mishap caused me to snip several knots out of my hair). As I sat looking stupid at my freshly deep conditioned hair, opted for the down and dirty quick route: a tension blow dry and caruso steam rollers. Plus---I've gotta hot date with the hubby tonight. #woot Here's how my #washdayexperience went:
- Pre-Poo- I detangled my hair in about 8 sections then applied Extra Virgin Coconut Oil from root to tip. I covered with a plastic cap and let it sit for a few hours.
- Shampoo- Working in with each section, I massaged a little diluted Matrix Hydrasource Shampoo, lightly detangled and rinsed.
- Extreme Deep Condition- Next, I applied Matrix Hydrasource Conditioner to my roots and Joico K-Pak Revitaluxe from the line of demarcation to my ends. Afterwards, I applied a little extra virgin coconut oil from root to tip to seal in the conditioner. I covered with a plastic cap and let marinate overnight.
- Tea Rinse- I hopped in the shower to rinse the conditioner section by section. Then I applied my tea rinse of 2 green tea bags + 1 cup of water and 2 tablespoons of glycerin. I let the mixture sit on my hair for about 5 minutes.
- Detangling Treatment- I rinsed the tea then applied a Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution.
- Air Dried- I applied a bit of Chi Silk Infusion to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
- Leave ins-I used Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner to moisturize and extra virgin coconut oil to seal, then tension blow dried my hair.
Towards the end of last week, my hair started to feel awkward. A little coated and a lot dirty. My moisturizer wasn't absorbing like it usually does. I knew that for this wash day, I'd need to shampoo. Shampooing once a month typically does the trick for me. In between, I'll use my shampoo bar or cleansing conditioner if necessary.
I don't tension blow dry my hair often because I well---I'm not just not that great at handling my blower. I kinda fumble with the controls and always find a way to spray air into my face. I have no clue how Jeni (the bestest co-host in the world, btw) does it so flawlessly!
I let the steam rollers cool for about 30 minutes before unraveling and apply a little Chi Silk Infusion. If you guys haven't realized by now...I love that stuff! I apply it to my freshly rinsed deep conditioned hair to aid in detangling and for a light shot of protein. I also love the way that it gives my hair super shine.
How was your #washdayexperience? Share the details below!