Maintaining my hair last week was soooooo easy. Omgosh...soooo easy. I actually remembered to moisturize and seal plus I was able to bring back one of my favorite hair styles: The Headband Tuck. (Check out the tutorial here)
Did you peep that shine? It's from Modere Antioxidant Hair Serum. I applied it throughout my hair then re-set on my Caruso steam rollers. I was pleasantly surprised at how light it was and how well it smoothed my frizzes. Believe it or not...3 hours before I took this picture, I ran a 5K race. How awesome is that?
But I won't front---most of the week, I was in a high bun. Shoot me now. I just can't quit my addiction to the top knot. Ha-ha! Here's how my #washdayexperience went:
- Extreme Deep Condition- I detangled my hair in about 8 sections then applied Matrix Hydrasource Conditioner to my roots and Joico K-Pak Revitaluxe from the line of demarcation to my ends. Afterwards, I applied a little extra virgin coconut oil from root to tip to seal in the conditioner. I covered with a plastic cap + knit beanie for a few hours.
- Tea Rinse- I hopped in the shower to rinse the conditioner section by section. Then I applied my tea rinse of 2 green tea bags + 1 cup of water and 2 tablespoons of glycerin. I let the mixture sit on my hair for about 5 minutes.
- Detangling Treatment- I rinsed the tea then applied a Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution.
- Air Dried- I applied a bit of Modere Antioxidant Hair Serum to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
- Leave ins-I used Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner to moisturize and extra virgin coconut oil to seal, then set my hair on orange perm rods and left in overnight (approx 4-5 hours)
Overnight Deep Conditioning-
I'm totally used to deep conditioning over night. I didn't for this wash day---and I could really tell the difference in my hair. Don't get me wrong---it was moisturized---but not silky smooth or soft as when I deep condition overnight. As I installed my perm rods, I had to re-wet most of the sections because the hair dried out much faster. Deep conditioning overnight may not work will for some---but I think that my hair is better off (for now...my hair is a sick fickle beast) with it than without it. Overnight deep conditioning will be back next week for sure.
Modere Antioxidant Hair Serum-
Because of the good results that I got from Modere Antioxidant Hair Serum during the week. I decided to use it in place of Chi Silk Infusion in my #washdayexperience. It disappeared into my wet hair almost as if I didn't apply anything at all. It provided a little slip and a little sheen, but not enough to really wow me. I think that this one is better as a daily shine enhancer to tame flyaways than anything else. Don't worry Silk Infusion---your spot in my regimen is still safe.
It's amazing what you find when you clean out your stash! Remember my hair chalk? Man---I was in love with this stuff last year! Anywhos, I pulled out the teal and chalked the tips of a few of the curls before pulling it all up into a messy high pony tail. You can click here for my tutorial on How to Use Hair Chalk on Relaxed hair.
I felt so ratchet. But whatevs dude---if you can't have fun with your hair then what's the point right?!?
How was your #washdayexperience? Any special styles for Thanksgiving?