I decided to stop being lazy and treat my hair to a full #washdayexperience this week after doing two oil rinses last week. I loved the way that my hair felt, but I did notice that the oil in my hair attracted all kinds of dust and dirt. And---it was pretty gross by day 4. So my suggestion is...don't be like lazy KLP. Only oil rinse when you're fully committed to giving yourself a wash day within 1-2 days.
- Pre-shampoo- I detangled my hair using a little extra virgin coconut oil separating my hair into 6 extra large bantu knots to keep my hair from tangling up again.
- Shampoo- Then I hopped into the shower and methodically rinsed each section, applied Jessicurl Cleansing Cream to my scalp then rinsed and moved on of the next section. This shampoo is so gentle that it doesn't need to be diluted.
- Deep Condition- After gently drying each knot (while it was still raveled) with a cotton t-shirt, I applied Jessicurl Deep Treatment from root to tip then massaged in a little extra virgin coconut oil to seal the conditioner in. I left it in overnight.
- Detangling treatment- The next morning, I rinsed each section. applied a dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution, worked it through my roots and rinsed.
- Air Dried- I applied a bit of Chi Silk Infusion to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
- Leave ins-I used Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner to moisturize and a dab of hair butter to seal, then I blew out my roots with cold air to stretch it and set on Caruso Steam rollers for about 30 minutes.
I think that I like my second day Caruso Steam curls better than the first day. On day one--the curls are a bit tighter and don't flow as freely as I like. To persevere my hair at night---I pineapple. Sometimes I'll have to reset a curl here or there but considering that it only takes 5-10 minutes---it's worth it. My second day hair is more wavy and unstructured. If I had it to do all over again, I would have blown out my hair the day before then tossed in a few rollers the next day. I'm still learning.
|Jessicurl Deep Treatment | Product Review|
Jessicurl Deep Treatment and Too Shea don't disappoint either. Honestly---I wonder why I use anything else sometimes. Then I remember my debilitating illness. My ooohhh-look-at-that-new-conditioner/shampoo/leave-in cream/styler-that-I'm-compelled-to-try-even-though-I-have-enough-hair-products-to-style-a-small-country-illness. Product Junkism, why can't I quit you?!?!?
I wanted to look super fancy and sassy for our family pictures. We take pictures at least twice a year and we use them for e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. Birthday cards, mother's day presents, father's day coffee cups, Christmas calendars. We color coordinate. It's that serious and I don't care if you judge me. But I gets hype for picture day! And--yes---I already know that I'm weird. It makes me unique.
I loved my hair and totally loved the pictures. I just wanna hug my computer screen when these minions pop up.
How was your #washdayexperience?