I haven't had a chance to respond to each one of your kind words of encouragement and intercessory prayers for my family yet---but I will. I'm so grateful for you guys! Just a quick update--my grandfather's open heart surgery last week was successful. He's recovering well and his spirit is brighter than a star. I can't tell you how much it humbles me to see your out pour of positivity. I've said it hundred times---but I'll say it again. Y'ALL ROCK!
|Ugh...I wish that I would have gotten more pics of these curls!|
With all that said---I'm combining two weeks of #washdayexperience into one post. Because---well---I ended up styling my hair the same exact way. The first week, I did a protein treatment with Nexxus Emergencee then rocked bouncy curls for a night out on the town with my hubby. The next week, because I loved the curls so much...I did it again using the products found here!
I haven't done a hard protein treatment on my hair since *insert gasp* September. <hangs head> In my defense, I've been protein layering using Joico K-Pak at least twice a month. Protein layering is amazing, I definitely think that it's why I still have relaxed ends on my head, but I really needed a full protein treatment to whip my hair back in shape. Here's how I did it:
- Pre-shampoo- I fully detangled and slathered my hair in Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner. I let it sit for about an hour. I need to do this more often--because omgosh my hair was so soft!
- Shampoo- Next, I hopped into the shower for 5 minutes to rinse the conditioner completely. I needed a good clarifying so I shampooed once with KeraCare 1st Lather Shampoo and then once more with Matrix Biolage Hydrasource Shampoo.
- Protein Treatment- with Nexxus Emergencee; the world's easiest to apply protein treatment. I let it air dry for an hour or so while I did chores.
- Extreme Deep Condition- Next, I stood under the spray of my shower for about 5 minutes to rinse the Emergencee completely. I deep conditioned with Matrix Biolage Hydrasource Conditioner on the length of my hair. Then I massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and let sit for about 2 hours.
- Air Dried- I added a bit of Chi Silk Infusion to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
- Leave ins-I used Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner to moisturize and a dab of hair butter to seal, then I blew out my roots with cold air to stretch it and set on small Caruso Steam rollers for about 30 minutes.
Why I Used A Clarifying Shampoo-
My hair hates shampoo. I say it a lot. I mean every word. But it doesn't mean that there aren't times when product builds up on my strands. I shampoo once a month and I clarify with every hard protein treatment.
Why I Used A Hard Protein Treatment-
My hair loves protein. I use protein laced conditioners regularly during my entire hhj. My hair behaves better with a little extra protein in it's life. I also noticed a little more breakage, a little less moisture retention, and a lot more tangles in my hair over the last 2-3 weeks. That's my hair's way of telling me that it was time for a root to tip intervention.
Why I Used Steam rollers-
My hubby and I had an event to attend. I knew that I wouldn't have enough time for any of the usual suspects- bantu knots, a perm rod set, or straightening---so my steam rollers got another go. Can I just talk about how much I love these things again? One of the BEST investments that I made for my hair in 2014 for sure.
Speaking of Best of 2014, can you believe that in 2 weeks 2015 will be in full swing?!? Where did the time go y'all! Before I devise my evil fleek master plan for total hair domination---or something like that---I'll be sharing my Best of 2014: Hits & Misses. I'd love to have you join me! You'll be able to add your links starting next week! (No clue what this is? Check out our 2013 collection of Hits & Misses here. Change the date and you got the same thing...lol
Oh yeah---and I think that I'm ready to straighten this mess next week for Christmas. Fingers crossed that my ends aren't as bad as I think they are!
How was your washdayexperience? Share the dets below.