It took everything in me to wash my hair this week. I've been attacked by the flu, molly whopped by allergies and pimp slapped by the rainy weather. Nothing is cooperating with me. Including my hair. Where are the scissors!?! That long bob is looking more and more appealing! I kid I kid! I'm just being dramatic or maybe it's the DayQuil talking... Any who, here's how my wash day went:
- Pre-Shampoo- I gently detangled with my fingers and slathered on extra virgin coconut oil.
- Shampoo- with Bobeam Rootz Herbal Hair Grower Shampoo bar.
- Extreme deep condition- I deep conditioned with Jessicurl Deep Treatment on my roots and Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Masque on my ends. Then I massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and sat under my hooded dryer for an hour.
- Rosemary Green Aloe Hair Rinse- After rinsing the conditioner, I applied 1 part steeped green tea + 1 part aloe vera juice + 2 springs of rosemary, using a narrow tip applicator to my strands--focusing on the roots. I let it sit for a few minutes then rinsed.
- Smoothing Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution.
- Air Dried- to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
- Leave ins- I used the LOC method, starting with a little extra virgin coconut oil, Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner, + a dab of Chi Silk Infusion (heat protectant) on my ends then tension blow dried by roots on cool to speed up my drying time and bantu knotted in about 10 sections.
I'm grateful that detangling was easy because I felt some kinda awful. Then, it was pouring raining when I unraveled my hair, so I didn't bother wearing it out. It would have been a mess in a matter of minutes. I figured that I'd keep it simple. I pulled my hair into a side tuck using a banana clip (you can find the tutorial here), swooped my bangs over and tied my hair up in one of my fave infinity scarves. Boom. Done.
In other news. I really like the Bobeam Shampoo Bar. I don't usually review products until I've emptied the container, but this bar will probably last several more months. I totally won't make you wait that long for a review! My shed hair was a joke. Thank you tea rinse and protein layering! I'd forgotten how well my hair behaves when I add a protein rich conditioner from the line of demarcation to my ends.
How was your wash day?
The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES
- Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
- Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
- Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone!