Overwhelmed doesn't even begin to describe how I'm feeling right now. My hair has totally taken a back seat to my life and there really isn't an end in sight. The high bun is my one and only friend. I wore my Caruso Steam curls out for about 6 hours then I pulled it into a high bun; Where it stayed until today's wash day. I only took it down occasionally to do a quickie detangle, moisturize and seal---then put it back up. Do you ever have that moment when you hate being an adult? LOL. Anywhos, here's how my wash day went:
- Pre-shampoo- I lightly detangled and slathered my hair in extra virgin coconut oil.
- Shampoo- Next, I hopped into the shower for 5 minutes to rinse the oil completely. I combined about 1/2 oz of Matrix Biolage Hydrasource Shampoo with 4 oz of water in a narrow tip applicator bottle and applied to my roots only twice because my hair felt super dirty. I let the runoff cleanse my ends.
- Extreme Deep Condition- I applied Matrix Ultra Hydrasource Conditioner to my hair root to tip, then I massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and left it in overnight.
- Tea Rinse- using 2 Bamboo tea bags steeped in 2 cups of water + 2 tbsp of glycerin.
- Air Dry- with Extra Virgin Coconut Oil applied to wet hair then wrapped in a satin scarf.
- Leave ins- I used Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner to moisturize, my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter to seal and then two strand twisted my hair in about 10 sections and secured with a satin roller.
Because I've been swamped with real life, I've ditched co-washing for about two weeks. Which wouldn't be all that bad, but I also haven't shampooed my hair in 3 weeks. Needless to day, my hair felt icky. It wouldn't absorb any moisturizer, it felt tacky, and my scalp was kinda itchy. I love Matrix Hydrasource Shampoo because one wash leaves my scalp feeling clean but not stripped. I did a second lather to make sure that I got all of the gunk off my strands.
Can we give Matrix Hydrasource conditioner I high five fist bump?!? Whilst, my hair was realllly dirty---it definitely wasn't dry. The only conditioner that comes close to all of this awesomeness is Jessicurl Deep Treatment. Hello staple status for sure! If you want to see what I'm raving about enter to win your own Matrix Hydrasource collection!
Umm...so what's a word that means worse than fail? Well whatever that word is times it by 300 and you'll get how terrrribbbllleee my twist out was. I'm obviously a glutton for punishment because I keep trying and instead of getting closer to big curly waves I'm regressing into hot friggin mess territory. I didn't even attempt to save it and pulled it into a high bun. The good news is that all of the texture gave my bun some serious life, my roots were very well stretched, and my hair was super moisturized. I added a orchid headband and called it a day. Hooray for little miracles! Now...back to all this chaos!
How was your #washdayexperience?
The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES
- Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
- Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
- Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone!
a Rafflecopter giveaway