I know that this style looks quite complicated, but I promise you that it's not. PLUS it takes all of 5 minutes to do. If you struggle with braiding your own hair, are transitioning and want to hide your ends, or just looking for an easy protective style then this is the updo for you! It's literally a row of knots pinned into a bun. Here's how I do it:
- Make a heavy side part then position your bangs behind your ear (if necessary).
- Starting that your crown, grab two large sections of hair.
- Loop the section into a knot. (Like you would tie two pieces of string together) Place a bobby pin through the center of the knot to secure.
- Hold on to your previous sections, plus gather a little more hair in each hand. Loop another knot. Secure with a bobby pin.
- Repeat step 4 again and again until you reach your nape. I did 4 knots. If your hair is longer or you use smaller sections, you may need to do more knots.
- Tuck the reminding hair around your final knot and secure with a bobby pin on each side.
Polish the look by smoothing your edges with little edge control. (My favorite is Chi Twisted Fabric) Then cover with a satin/silk scarf to tame flyaways.
Oh and of course this look is gorgeous on straighter hair too. Check out Keoshia's sleeker Knotted look:
So what do you think? Is this one worth a try?