I'm celebrating the #WashDayExperience first anniversary by sharing the number one most requested pictorial ever. Well, maybe I'm exaggerating a little here. See...what had happened was that I do this style alll the time and every time that I do, y'all ask me for a pictorial...soo...yeah...what was I saying---most requested blah blah yada yada... I'm finally showing you guys step by step how I pull off my fluffy top knot.
What you'll need:
Moisturizer: (My favorite is Jessicurl Too Shea)
Hair Ties (Karina Elastic Ties are great)
Hair Pins: (You can never have enough Conair Black Bobby Pins)
Hair Brush (I use my hubby's...don't tell him!)
- Detangle and moisturize hair then gather hair at the top of your head securing with a hair tie making a giant puff. (Sometimes, I have to secure the hair tie with a hair pin on each side.)
- Divide the puff into 6 equal parts.
- Using only the two front sections, cross them forming an X, then wrap around the base of your puff. Secure ends with a hair pain or tuck under the hair tie.
- Using only the two middle sessions, cross them forming an X, then wrap across the top of your puff. Secure ends with a hair pin (once again, if your hair is longer, tuck your ends under the hair tie.
- Using the remaining back two sections, cross them forming an X, then wrap across the around the base of your puff.
- Fluff your top knot until it's the right size for you.
This style outlasts spin class, long distance running, rain, summer humidity, and snow. And I know because I've lived in this top knot at least once a week for the last year. It was a perfect way to blend my roots and my relaxed ends while I was in my relaxer-stretch-turned-transitioning.
So there you have it! The most requested #WashDayExperience style on SavingOurStrands! Let me know if you re-create it!
How was your #WashDayExperience chica? Share the dets below!