#FitnessFriday on a Monday! I just had to share my newest favorite way to eat kale: In a raw salad! Now before you squish up your nose---hear me out. Kale doen't have to taste like the grass raw. Especially if you mix it with the right stuff. Here's my Kale Taco Salad with YUMMY Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette!
Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
1/2 bunch cilantro, stems trimmed and discarded
1 lime freshly squeezed
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tbsp Cumin
1/2 tbsp Chili powder
Pinch of coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Chop cilantro finely. Put in a mason jar.
- Then add lime juice and shake.
- Next, add the olive oil, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Shake vigorously.
Kale Taco Salad (Makes two full sized salads or 4 side salads)
3 cups of kale
1/4 red bell pepper
1/4 cup mixed beans (I used a mix of gandules verdes and black beans. Use whatever beans you have on hand)
1/5 cup of chopped cherry tomatoes
2 tablespoons of olives
1 roasted jalapeno minced
Queso Fresco (optional)
- Chop kale into small pieces
- Mix all of the other ingredients together.
- Toss with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette.
How are you spicing up your veggies this spring?