Y'all know that I love a good updo. I'm really loving wearing my hair in high puffs but I also need to be protecting my ends with protective styles. Afterall---that's how I retained length when I was relaxed.
Here's what I used to wash my hair this week:
Overnight Deep Condition- Matrix Biolage Hydrasource Conditioner + Almond Oil (Wondering why I deep condition overnight? Click here)
Leave ins: Jessicurl Too Shea + My DIY Hair Butter
It's interesting to me that many of the techniques that I learned while I was stretching/transitioning still work like a charm now that my hair is fully natural.
Can I get a high five fist bump for overnight deep conditioning?!? My hair always feels super soft, moisturized--while my curls look super pump and hydrated. I know that deep conditioning overnight doesn't work for a lot of people's hair or lifestyle, but I definitely recommend that everyone try it at least once! Especially if you despise sitting under the dryer or you're pressed for time like me.
After I applied my leave ins, I banded my hair to stretch it a little. Stretched, my hair is between shoulder length and arm pit length. Unstretched? Girl---my curls hang at less than neck length. I can't say that I love the way that shrinkage hides my length yet.
To style, I whipped my hair into a super simple twisted bang french tuck using a banana clip. Here's how I did it:
- Begin with stretched and moisturized hair.
- Make a heavy side part.
- Section your hair from ear to ear, then divide the front section into 3 equal parts.
- Pin back the two side sections leaving only the top(your bangs) out.
- Start your flat twist (dutch, french, or fishtail) braid near the crown of your head. Braid or twist it towards your hair line, then swoop it to the back.
- Braid or twist until the end of the hair.
- Gather and smooth the rest of your hair and the braid/twist back. Secure where comfortable with a banana clip.
- Take the ends and roll into a french twist, securing with a long hair pin at the top and bottom of the roll.
Anyone else rocking a protective style this week?