I thought about sharing my uber boring #washdayexperience with you---but then I remembered that I owed you guys a tutorial on this delicious Two Strand Twist Updo!
It's definitely one of my favorite protective styles as of late. I love it because it keeps my hair stretched, my ends protected, and it's perfect for any occasion. I wear it to the gym, running errands and I even wore this style to my partner in crime MK's wedding! (More about the wedding and how beautiful MK was later!)
Anywhos, this style is actually very very simple and is perfect for neck length or longer hair.
- Divide your hair ear to ear then create a side part.
- Two strand twist the smaller section above your ear
- Divide the larger section into 3 or 4 smaller sections then two strand twist it above your other ear.
- Next, divide the back section in half.
- Gently rake one half towards the front of your air just above your ears
- Join the back half with your previous twist by (you guessed it!) twisting it.
- Pull the twist back cross your head.
- Secure across your head with hair pins.
- Repeat on the opposite side by gently raking the back half of your hair forward and twisting.
- Pull the twist back across your head
- Secure with hair pins.
- If your hair is short like mine, just take the remaining twists from your bang area and use hair pins to connect it to the other twists.
I usually wear this style for several days at a time. At night simply over with a satin scarf. In the morning, I unpin each section, moisturize and seal if necessary then pull it all back again.
So what do you think? Would you give this style a try?
How are you rocking your hair this week? Feel free to share with the rest of our hair obsessed tribe!