My Caruso Steam Roller curls from last week were EVERYTHING. Y'all just don't understand how good it felt to bounce around with big fluffy hair.
But like all good things---those curls had to come to an end. Plus, my scalp was not happy about not washing for 2 weeks. I whipped out my staple products and went to work.
Here's what I used on this #WashDayExperience:
Pre-shampoo- DIY Moisturizing Mist + Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner
Shampoo- Jessicurl Cleansing Cream
Deep Condition- Jessicurl Deep Treatment Conditioner
Leave-Ins- Almond Oil + Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner + Camille Rose Whipped Butter
My favorite part of the #WashDayExperience is picking up tips from other bloggers. I knew that my stretched hair was craving moisture so I'm glad that I stumbled upon this little tip from Jen of JGA (you can check it out here). I started by spraying a little of my DIY Moisturizing Mist to detangle my hair in sections then I applied one of my favorite conditioners: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner. I let it sit for about an hour. My curls felt AH-MAZING. Shout-out to Jen for the tip!
Next, I rinsed in the shower, shampooed using Jessicurl Cleansing Cream and t-shirt dried for about 5 minutes. This shampoo cleans the gunk (sweat + dirt + product build up) without robbing my curls of moisture. I deep conditioned with Jessicurl Deep Treatment Conditioner overnight. (Here's why I deep condition overnight). Rinsed the conditioner in the morning, then applied my leave-ins as I installed my curlformers.
I love these curls, but I'm still all about that protective styling life so I whipped my hair into this Fishtail updo. Here's how I did it:
- Begin with stretched hair (I stretched my hair using Curlformers.Then divide your hair in half. Secure the left side.
- Grab a small section of hair on the left side of the part and divide it into two sections.
- Use a small piece from the front section, cross it over the top, and add it into the back section.
- Take a small piece from the back section over the top and add it into the front section.
- Repeat steps 4-5 around the perimeter of your head until the braid reaches your middle part and then continue braiding in a regular style fishtail braid to the end of your hair. (You may need a hair tie here. I didn't)
- Fluff your braids by plucking apart the sides for a fuller look and then repeat steps 2-5 on the right side.
- Cross and pin the ends of each braid to the opposite side of your head
Thanks to my old faithful products my hair was crazy moisturized and uber smooth. May Jessicurl NEVER go out of business!
How did you style your hair this week? Which staple products did you use? Share your #washdayexperience too!