Here's a close up look at how I achieved my Heatless Blowout from my last #WashDayExperience along with step by step instructions on how you can do it too!
- Start with stretched hair. (I stretched my hair using Curlformers a few days before)
- Divide your hair into 8 sections. I made 4 sections in the back and two on each side of my hair. Secure each section with a hair clip.
- Beginning with a small section of hair from the back, very very lightly mist the section with water. You'll want a good misting bottle for this. I use this cool gem from the Vitamin Shoppe. One spritz could do the trick.
- Next, start to gently finger detangle from our ends up to the roots.
- Apply a little oil or hair butter to seal your ends. I'm using Camille Rose Whipped Butter in the pictorial.
- Then to achieve a more stretched look, further detanlge gently using a modified Denman Brush.
- Secure the detanlged section with a hair clip then move on to the next section.
- Repeat until all of your hair is "blown out"
- (Optional) Fluff hair using a wide tooth comb
Have you ever done a heatless blowout? What are your secrets to smooth stretched hair?